New signs around the city highlight Albany’s walkability and wide variety of interesting things to see and do – all within a short walk!
- 100 signs at 16 intersections around the city
- 50 assets are highlighted
- Color coded:
purple for commercial
orange for arts and entertainment
blue for civic and governmental
green for open space
brown for history and architecture
red for transit
- Average walk time used for calculation is 20 minutes per mile
- These are more than street signs, they’re smart signs:
- Scan the code with your smart phone to view turn-by-turn walking directions, a live Google map, and additional information including street address, hours of operation, admission fees, and website links
- Download the free QR Code Reader by Scan on iTunes or Google Play
- Visit Walk[Your City] to see how other cities, community development corporations, real estate companies, and more are using the Sign Builder to design and install campaigns to embrace walkability in their communities.
- WALK: ALBANY is a project of Mayor Kathy Sheehan’s Heritage Tourism Working Group.