Budgets and the Balance of Power:
The Lasting Impact of Silver v. Pataki and How It Shapes the Future of Government in New York State
Tuesday, June 16th, 2015
Albany Law School
80 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY
Convened by the Rockefeller Institute and the Government Law Center at Albany Law School, this forum will explore what constitutes an appropriate separation of powers.
Former Governor David Paterson will discuss the Executive’s use of budget authority, and panelists include:
- Laura Anglin, Former Budget Director to Governors Eliot Spitzer and David Paterson
- Gerald Benjamin, Professor, SUNY New Paltz
- Vincent Bonventre, Professor, Albany Law School
- Richard Brodsky, Former Assemblyman
- Peter Galie, Professor, Canisius College
- Peter Kiernan, Former Chief Counsel to Governor David Paterson
- James McGuire, Former Chief Counsel to Governor George Pataki
- Robert Smith, Former Associate Judge, NYS Court of Appeals
The event will be moderated by Hank Greenberg, former Assistant U.S. Attorney and Chairman of the NYS Bar Association’s Committee on the NYS Constitution.
To RSVP, please contact Michele Charbonneau at the Rockefeller Institute at (518) 443-5258 or by e-mail at email@example.com. A total of 2.5 free CLEs will be available for registered attorneys. A limited number of free parking spots are available for all registered attendees.
Register now for, perhaps, the most comprehensive event ever put on focusing on of the most important constitutional issues facing New York State Government today!